Your Privacy & Our Policies
- PRIVACY COMMITMENT
Jeanswest, a national clothing retailer and a part of Glorious Sun Australia Pty Ltd. acknowledges and is committed to protecting your privacy. We will collect, use, disclose and hold personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1998 (‘the Act’) and New Zealand (the Privacy Act 1993).
The purpose of this policy is to outline how Jeanswest manages personal information in line with relevant legislation in both Australia (the Privacy Act 1988) and New Zealand (the Privacy Act 1993).
Jeanswest undertakes not to interfere with an individual’s privacy rights in the way we collect, use or disclose personal information in the course of carrying out normal business operations. The Company at all times will manage collected personal information in accordance with relevant legislation, and ensure individuals have a degree of control over their personal information.
- POLICY GUIDELINES
Personal Information can be defined as information that identifies an individual.
Personal records consist of records of personal information relating to customers and employees.
Sensitive information can be defined as information or an opinion about an individual’s:
Racial or ethnic origin;
Political opinion(s) and association;
Member of a political association;
Religious beliefs or affiliations;
Professional, trade or trade union association(s);
Member of a trade union;
Sexual preferences or practices;
Health or medical background or information.
Specific procedures on how the Company collects, uses, stores, maintains and destroys or de-identifies personal information are detailed below.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The Company will only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for one or more of the Company’s functions or activities, and only with the consent of the relevant individual.
The company collects personal information by the following means:
Telephone & facsimile;
Occupational Health & Safety paperwork (Register of Injury, WorkCover forms);
Employment paperwork (application process, resume, pre-employment testing);
Point of Sale systems (credit card purchases, Lay-by’s, Refunds, Exchange, Tailoring etc…);
Customer Rewards Program; or
Customer feedback tracking system.
The company collects personal information as part of the:
Customer Rewards Program;
Transaction process (including lay bys);
Public health and safety function; or
Online purchasing function.
Personal information collected by the above means will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected, unless otherwise allowed by law.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
residential or business address;
age and date of birth;
proof of identity, such as your driver’s licence or passport number;
a photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our stores;
if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
When you order product online, or lay-by product in-store, we collect the necessary personal information to process the order, post the item(s) to you, and contact you if required. This information is recorded in our system and retained by us. Information is not disclosed to any third party except as required or authorised by law. Failure to provide this information will mean that we cannot process your order.
When you join our Member Program, we collect personal information about you to allow us to issue a Rewards membership, for the purposes of administering the program and for direct marketing purposes. You can manage your email, mobile and mail subscriptions in My Account, simply log in here. You can also opt out directly from any email or mobile communications you receive. Your personal information and Member details will not be disclosed to any other organisation except where we use the financial or administrative services of a third party, or where required or authorised by law. Without personal information it would not be possible for Jeanswest to administer the program adequately.
When you make comments or contribute content to our website, Facebook, Instagram or other social and interactive channels such as Website Reviews or competitions, we capture this information and may use your comments or content for promotional purposes.
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally.
This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
Your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Jeanswest;
your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail);
if you are a member of our loyalty program, your membership number, transaction history, account preferences, and reward redemption history for loyalty program rewards or services;
information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, application forms, or directly to team members within our stores in relation to our products and services; and
device identification information when you interact with us through our online store.
At or before the time (or as soon as practicable after), the Company collects personal information from an individual, the Company will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is aware of:
Our identity and how to contact us;
The individual’s ability to gain access to the their information;
The purpose for which the information is collected;
Any law that requires the particular information to be collected;
The main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the information is not provided to the Company.
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION - UNSOLICITED
If the Company collects personal information about an individual from someone other than the individual, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the individual is or has been made aware of this.
Unsolicited personal information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected, unless otherwise allowed by law.
Unsolicited personal information will not be disclosed by the Company without the relevant individual’s consent.
- HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
The primary purpose for our use of your data is to operate our website, provide you with our services in store and online and to manage our relationship with you.
For the purposes of the Customer Rewards Program, the Company collects personal information to allow us to issue a Rewards membership, for the purposes of administering the program and for direct marketing purposes.
In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites or through third party websites and their platforms.
We may also use the personal data we collect to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports which we may share publicly or with third parties.
- THIRD PARTY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
The Company has entered into various third party business relationships to assist or facilitate various initiatives. This may include service providers, suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business and marketing related purposes. The Company will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstance to ensure third party business providers do not breach relevant Privacy legislation.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The Company will not use or disclose personal information collected for a specific purpose, for another reason unless allowed by law, or consented to by the individual providing that personal information.
The Company will not use or disclose personal information without taking reasonable steps to ensure it is accurate, up to date and not misleading.
We may occasionally transfer your personal information to organisations located overseas, for example where we use service providers based overseas. Your information may also be stored on computer servers located outside of Australia. Any offshore disclosures will be to entities located in the United States of America and the Asia Pacific region.
- UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS
The Company does not identify any individual by any unique identifier such as Tax File Numbers, bank customer numbers or driver’s licences.
Where lawful and practical, individuals will have the option of transacting anonymously with the Company. Please bear in mind, however, that we will be unable to provide certain services to you unless you disclose your correct identity.
Customers who choose to join any Jeanswest Rewards (or Customer Loyalty) Program will be required to provide their personal information so that we may administer their membership within the program and for direct marketing purposes.
- QUALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. We expect that you will promptly notify us of any changes to your personal information.
- ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information held by the Company may be accessed (if requested, and within the boundaries set by the relevant legislation) by the individual to which that personal information relates. The Company is obliged to respond to any requests within a reasonable time and may put reasonable charges to the individual for the cost of providing that information (e.g. photocopying costs).
If you would like to know what information we hold about you please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
- REQUESTS TO CHANGE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where the Company holds personal information about an individual and that individual is able to demonstrate that the information is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, the Company will take all reasonable steps to correct, complete or update the personal information.
If the Company refuses to update personal information as requested by an individual, the Company must provide to the individual written notice that advises the reasons for refusal and the way in which the individual can make a complaint about the refusal.
Any personal information will only be changed or access granted after the individual has provided proof of identification.
Requests for access complaints or requests to change personal information must be made to the Privacy Officer in writing. All access requests must be directed to the Privacy Officer at Jeanswest.
Individuals can request access to view and/or change their personal information at any time. Requests must be made in writing to the Privacy Officer at Jeanswest.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company takes all necessary steps to protect the personal information it holds from any misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Personal information is held in both computerised databases and in hard-copy files.
The Company will take all reasonable steps to destroy or de‑identify any personal information no longer required for the purposes originally sought.
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION
The Company will not collect sensitive information about an individual except where permitted in legislation. At or before the time of collecting the information, the Company will commit to the individual that we will not disclose the information without the individual’s consent.
- PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
If individuals wish to lodge a complaint about how their personal information has been handled, they may do so in writing directly to the Privacy Officer, via the contact details listed below.
All requests and feedback received by the Privacy Officer will be addressed and individuals communicated to within 30 days.
- PRIVACY OFFICER CONTACT DETAILS
Level 1, 14-16 Yarra Street
SOUTH YARRA VIC 3141
Phone: (03) 9860 8888
SERVICE & QUALITY GUARANTEES:ISO 9001
When Jeanswest talk about quality we’re not just talking about our jeans (though we do offer a Lifetime Guarantee on our jeans – read more about that below!) When we talk quality, we’re talking about our philosophy. The Jeanswest mission is to be acknowledged as the leading Australian/New Zealand denim retailer. Our aim is to ensure that we provide prompt, attentive and practical services by going the extra mile for our customers.
We understand that buying a pair of jeans can be challenging so it is our aim to ensure we have a wide range of fits and washes at the best quality and price you can afford.
Every Jeanswest Team Member is personally responsible for maintaining the highest quality standards and receives the best training to ensure these standards are constantly improving.
We are committed to a quality management system based on AS/NZS ISO 9001 which is understood and embraced by all Team Members, aiming for continuous improvement across Jeanswest to improve the effectiveness of the quality management system.
We’re working together to make Jeanswest a fun place to shop and a great place to work. To help us do this we want your feedback. Read more about our customer survey below.
DENIM LIFETIME QUALITY GUARANTEE
All Jeanswest jeans come with a lifetime quality guarantee. Yes…lifetime. We believe in the quality of our products, and hope that you love your jeans forever!
The guarantee covers manufacturing faults in regards to buttons, rivets, zippers, belt loops or seams. We will replace your faulty jeans with a new pair. This excludes general wear and tear of your favourite jeans, such as fading and thinning out over time. Please hold on to your receipt.
OUR RETURNS POLICY
Jeanswest will, of course, exchange or refund faulty items if proof of purchase is provided. If you simply change your mind, we will happily refund or exchange the item within 30 days if proof of purchase is provided.
Due to health regulations underwear, earrings, socks and leggings cannot be returned once worn, unless faulty. Swimwear, unless faulty, can only be returned if unworn with the hygiene label intact and still on the garment. Please make your selection carefully. Your rights in regards to faulty products are protected by the Australian Consumer Law. We do not accept change-of-mind refund/exchange on samples.
Please also note if you purchased your items using Afterpay the following conditions apply. If you wish to return your item, complete the online returns process as per the normal returns policy – if eligible for a refund, your partial payment/payments will be adjusted accordingly and the appropriate amount, if applicable, will be refunded to you. No exchanges can be made on Afterpay purchases. If you return to a Jeanswest store, you will be issued with a refund for payments made and have the remaining payments cancelled. You can then purchase your preferred item outright. We do not offer an exchange instore or online for any purchases made with Afterpay.
Please note Ebay store returns and exchanges can only processed via our online warehouse.
CUSTOMER FEEDBACK SURVEY & PROMOTION
Congratulations to our Prize Draw Winners for 2019:
Draw 1: K. BORG, VIC
In an effort to continually improve and learn from your shopping experiences, Jeanswest send a post-purchase survey to all Jeanswest Reward Members opted in to receive email or SMS communications. Give us your feedback and you could win a $1,000 wardrobe in thanks for your feedback. Details of the promotion are here.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions of entry.
- This promotion begins at 12:00:00am (AEDT) on 11 December 2018 and ends at 11:59:59pm (AEDT) on 30 November 2019.
- Entry is open to customers who have been requested to give feedback about their customer experience via SMS sent to the customer’s mobile phone number or via a survey link emailed to the customer during the Promotion Period.
- One entry per customer feedback request will go into the AU $1000 cash prize draw. Total value of the prize pool is AU $4000. The winner will receive an AU $1000 VISA Gift card in the currency of their residing country. If the winner is in NZ, the winner will receive a VISA Gift card to the value of AU$1000 in NZD.
- Customers enter their feedback via SMS, by calling 1800 057 619 (Aus) or 0800 451846 (NZ) after receipt of the Promoter’s SMS, or by completing an online survey. The entry cost will reflect standard SMS charges on the mobile network used. The cost of a call will not exceed 55 cents including GST. Online entries will be completed via one of the following links emailed to the customer: https://surveys.esurveys.com.au/feedbackasap/AIYGGLKTMY?customer_email
- Employees (and their Immediate Family Members) of the Promoter, or any related body corporate of the Promoter including the entities set out in clause 4, as well as any agency associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate Family Members means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto, ex-de-facto, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The period of this Competition begins at 12:00:00am (AEDT) on 11 December 2018 and ends at 11:59:59pm (AEDT) on 30 November 2019 (“Competition Period”). The Competition Period is made up of four separate prize draw periods (“Prize Draw Periods”), which are:
- Prize Draw Period 1: All eligible entries received from 12:00:00am (AEDT) 11 December 2018 to 11:59:59pm (AEDT) on 28 February 2019 will be included in this Prize Draw
- Prize Draw Period 2: All eligible entries received from 12:00:00am (AEDT) 1 March 2019 to 11:59:59pm (AEST) on 31 May 2019 will be included in this Prize Draw
- Prize Draw Period 3: All eligible entries received from 12:00:00am (AEST) 1 June 2019 to 11:59:59pm (AEST) on 31 August 2019 will be included in this Prize Draw
- Prize Draw Period 4: All eligible entries received from 12:00:00am (AEST) 1 September 2019 to 11:59:59pm (AEDT) on 30 November 2019 will be included in this Prize Draw
- The Draw will be conducted at 10:00am on the following dates:
- Draw 1: 12 March 2019
- Draw 2: 12 June 2019
- Draw 3: 12 September 2019
- Draw 4: 3 December 2019
- Winners will be notified via phone or email within 2 days of the draw. If the winner is located in the ACT they will be contacted by mail.
- The draw will be conducted by Feedback ASAP Level 10, 380 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Vic, 3004, Australia.
- This is not a game of skill. The single prize winner will be selected by Feedback ASAP Pty Ltd (on behalf of the Promoter) at random through an automatic selection process
- Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid and removed from the draw. The promoter's decision is final.
- Winner's names will be published on our website www.jeanswest.com.au within 7 days of the draw.
- The promoter is Jeanswest CORPORATION PTY. LTD. 14-16 Yarra St, South Yarra Victoria 3141. Australia. ABN 6100 730 5839
- If the Prize remains unclaimed there will be a redraw at the same time and address as original draw. Date for these draws would be Draw 1: 12 June 2019, Draw 2: 12 September 2019, Draw 3: 12 December 2020, Draw 4: 3 March 2020 at the same time of day and address as the original draw. Each winner of an unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and SMS within 7 days of the draw. The winners of an unclaimed prize draw will be published on our website at www.jeanswest.com.au within two weeks of the draw.
- To unsubscribe from receiving further information from Feedback ASAP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if a customer has received a text message and would like to unsubscribe, the text will provide Unsub option.
- This Competition is authorised under: NSW permit no. LTPS/18/30171 and ACT permit no. ACT TP 18/02339
OUR SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The comments, visuals, videos and other content posted by fans on this site ("User Content") do not necessarily reflect the opinions or ideals of Jeanswest, its employees or affiliates. Accordingly, Jeanswest is not responsible for any User Content and does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product claims made on the Jeanswest Facebook Page.
You may not post any User Content (and we may in our discretion remove any User Content) that contains materials or information that falls into any of the following categories:
- Materials that defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Materials that are defamatory, obscene, indecent, profane or otherwise objectionable material or information;
- Materials that include information that is false, misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent, or deceptive, or that promotes illegal activities;
- Material that violates the copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of another;
- Materials that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- Materials that advertise or offer to sell any goods or services or that otherwise are commercial in nature;
- Materials that violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law;
- Materials that include inflammatory religious or political content; or
- Materials that contain references to a third party page or website
We cannot accept responsibility for delays in delivery due to unforeseen circumstances (eg:strikes, floods etc.). All colours of garments are reproduced as accurately as possible, however a slight variation may occur in colour and size specifications. Colours may appear slightly different via this web site due to computer picture resolution and individual monitor settings. Offers are available until stocks sell out.
We reserve the right:
- to cancel any order, at which time, we will immediately notify this action by e-mail or phone, using the e-mail address or number/s provided. We will refund the monies paid using the original method received.
- that all orders are subject to availability of stock.
- to take reasonable steps to verify that the order and credit details are bona fide.
Introducing Afterpay – Shop now. Pay later.
Jeanswest is pleased to introduce a brand new payment innovation for you. Afterpay offers interest-free payment plans for your online purchases. Buy and receive what you want today and pay it off in four equal instalments fortnightly. For more information, please read the details below.
To make a purchase using Afterpay you will need:
- A personal debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- Have an Australian residential address
- Agree to become a customer with Afterpay
- Have no more than 2 pre-existing purchases with Afterpay for the first six weeks after you have activated your account. Thereafter transactions limits are based on your credit with your personal credit provider.
To use the service, simply:
- Add items to your shopping bag (up to the value of $800 with a credit card or $500 if using a debit card) and checkout as normal.
- Select Afterpay as your payment method – you will then be redirected to Afterpay's website to complete your transaction
- Register or login to your Afterpay account and confirm your payment.
- Afterpay is an interest free payment plan option.
- Minimum transaction value is $75 and transaction value limits apply to Afterpay purchases made at Jeanswest online; $800 for credit card accounts and $500 if using a debit card. Some further exclusion may apply.
- The funds for the first payment must be available in your nominated account at the time of checkout, if this is your first transaction with Afterpay.
- For first time Afterpay customers, or customers yet to complete a full payment cycle using Afterpay, the first payment will be taken at the time of transaction with the remaining three payments deducted each fortnight over the remaining 6 weeks. For all future payments after the first completed purchase, the initial payment will be debited 14 days after the transaction.
- If you have an additional three orders from any other retailer your order will not be processed.
- If you wish to return your goods, complete the online returns process as per the normal returns policy – if eligible for a refund, your partial payment/payments will be adjusted accordingly and the appropriate amount, if applicable, will be refunded to you.
- No exchanges can be made on Afterpay purchases. If you return to a Jeanswest store, you will be issued with a refund for payments made and have the remaining payments cancelled. You can then purchase your preferred garments outright.
- If a payment is due from you but not received by Afterpay in accordance with the payment schedule, a $10 late payment fee will be charged, with a further $7 late payment fee added seven days later if the payment remains unpaid.
- Returns for purchases made using Afterpay as the payment method can be returned via Jeanswest online, using the returns form or at a standalone Jeanswest store in Australia only.
For more information about Afterpay terms and conditions, visit the Afterpay website.
Making a Return with Afterpay
- When you use the Afterpay services you will be able to return your item either back to our Online Warehouse or into our Stores.
- When returning your items in store you will need to provide the original invoice that you received with your order.
- If the first payment instalment has already been made when you return the item to us, Afterpay will refund your first instalment and cancel all future payments to the specific order.
- If you return one single item your total order value will be adjusted and the applicable refund will be actioned. You can log into your account anytime and view your updated payment schedule.
JEANSWEST GIFT CARD
A defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen card will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed. Gift cards once activated is: redeemable for merchandise at Jeanswest in Australia and New Zealand at an exchange rate determined by Jeanswest; Gift cards are not redeemable for cash and is not a negotiable instrument; Cards are valid for 12 months from date of issue or when no amount remains on the cards; not able to be reloaded. Cash will not be given for any unused amount.
JEANSWEST MANUFACTURING STANDARDS
The Glorious Sun Group, owners of the Jeanswest brand, own and operate factories in China which are utilised to produce Jeanswest Australia merchandise. Jeanswest Australia also works with and manufactures through external factories which we have built long standing relationships with over many years establishing expectations, trust and strong operations.
The Glorious Sun group is committed to ensuring their own factories in conjunction with external business partners uphold the high standards we do as a company. Audits are carried out on new factories being considered for the production of Jeanswest merchandise. These audits are then carried out on an annual basis, including an on-site visit to ensure standards are continually met with reports provided for compliance.
The expected standards include the following areas; hygiene & working environment, occupational health & safety, quality control, technical control and training. Jeanswest Australia is committed to working with suppliers who meet these standards and follow the required procedures to ensure employee well-being and safety is adhered to.
Jeanswest prohibits the harmful practice of sandblasting in the production of our products.
For full details of the Jeanswest Responsible Sourcing Code of Conduct click here.
By submitting any content to Jeanswest, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 18 years old;
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Jeanswest (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Bazaarvoice, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Jeanswest a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Jeanswest and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
“Share Your Garment Review” Terms & Conditions
Congratulations to last month’s winner: Danielle M, VIC.
- The promotion is open to Jeanswest customers in Australia, 18 years of age and older.
- The promotion is a skill based competition.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To be eligible for entry, customers must submit a garment review and have their review publicly displayed on the Jeanswest website (www.jeanswest.com.au).
- Winners will each receive a Jeanswest Giftcard valued at $200 each. The Giftcard is valid for 1 year from date of issue and can only be redeemed in Australian Jeanswest stores. Voucher cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Jeanswest will announce the winners via an email sent to each winner once a month. One winner will be announced at the beginning of each month.
- Jeanswest will contact the winners via their Jeanswest reward member email address and announce the winners first name and state as they are drawn. The names will be published via our Terms & Conditions page.
- If any winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within this timeframe, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Any replacement winners will be notified by their Jeanswest Reward Members details (email and mobile/phone).
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Employees of Jeanswest Pty Ltd, or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition are not permitted to enter the competition.
- To be eligible to win, entrants must submit a garment review via the email they were sent. Entrants must fill in all required details in order to be chosen. Members can enter multiple times.
- Route to entry is via an email sent to qualifying customers
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice at its discretion. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. By submitting your entry, you grant Jeanswest Pty Ltd the right and permission (except where prohibited by law) to copy, reproduce, encode, store, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when, duration, or the number of times), the wording/comment, any associated imagery and your name for purposes of administering and advertising the Jeanswest ‘Share your Garment Review’ competition. Changing, modifying or suspending the promotion is subject to relevant state and territory regulations.
- The Promoter is Jeanswest Corporation Pty Ltd, (ABN: 61 007 305 839) of 14-16 Yarra Street, South Yarra VIC 3141.
Maternity Expo Competition 2019
JEANSWEST FITS BUMPS, FITS NURSING, FITS BEST.
SCAN YOUR EXPO TICKET at the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo in Melbourne, for your chance to win 1 of 10 pairs of Jeanswest jeans.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to all attendees of the Pregnancy Babies & Children’s Expo in Melbourne 18 – 20 October 2019. Competition excludes employees of Jeanswest Corporation Pty Ltd.
- The competition commences on Friday 18 October 2019, 10am (AEDST), and concludes on Sunday 20 October, 5pm (AEDST).
- To enter the competition participants must;
- Simply scan their valid expo ticket! One entry per person.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
- Entering the competition provides consent to become a member of the Jeanswest Rewards program, and to receive Jeanswest marketing communications.
- The total prize pool value is $1,390 AUD. This is for 10 x Jeanswest jeans vouchers, valued at $139 AUD each.
- Jeanswest will choose the winners at random. The competition will be drawn at Jeanswest Head Office on Tuesday 22 October 2019, 10am (AEDST), and the 10 winners will be contacted via the email address provided in registering for the Expo.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to ensure their email address is correct and valid.
- The winner will need to contact Jeanswest via email to claim their prize and discuss how they can redeem their prize which will be sent via post.
- Prizes not claimed within 28 days will be deemed void. Unclaimed prizes will be redrawn at Level 1, 14-16 Yarra St, South Yarra VIC 3141 on Friday 22 November 2019, 10am.
- The prize(s) must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated address within the entry form and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim prize elements. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide suitable proof, the entrant will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- In the event that any prize item is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. Except with the written consent of the Promoter, prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash unless stated. The Promoter has absolute discretion as to whether it will provide such consent and need not provide any reasons to any person for providing or withholding consent.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the entrant to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the individual winner hereby permits the winner's entry whether part or whole during the winner's participation in the prize, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The promoter's decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Entrant/Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier's requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter's ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- The Promoter is Jeanswest Corporation Pty Ltd, (ABN: 61 007 305 839) of Level 1, 14-16 Yarra Street, South Yarra VIC 3141.
Terms & Conditions
*DOUBLE YOUR REWARDS DISCOUNT:
For a limited time only. Only available on full price items. Not available on gift cards. Not in conjunction with any other offer.