A beautiful leather jacket is an essential for any wardrobe, our range of leather jackets have arrived and they’re sure to become your new season staple. Crafted from a buttery soft leather in premium materials our leather is ethically sourced from New Zealand.
To ensure your leather jacket maintains its luxurious look and feel, follow our easy to follow tips and tricks, they’ll guarantee it lasts you for seasons to come, take a look!
We offer two essential leather care products for maintaining your premium leather jackets with low maintenance, and maximum benefit.
Water & Stain Protector Spray
It’s environmentally friendly, aerosol-free and suitable for smooth leathers. The multipurpose spray also works to protect synthetic leathers and fabrics. Even your white canvas shoes will stay as good as new with this protective spray.
For best results, we recommend treating your new leather with three protective coats before its first wear.
- Protect any buttons, embellishments or beading with cling wrap prior to using the spray.
- After ensuring your leather is dry and clean, test a small patch of the spray somewhere inconspicuous.
- Once your test patch has proven fine, find an exposed space away from any flames. Shake the can well and hold 20-30cm away from your item as you spray a light, even mist for 4 seconds.
Tip: You don’t need to coat heavily. The excess spray will not absorb well by the leather and may cause damage to the surface.
- Let the item dry and repeat two more times so the item has had three coats. Make sure your leather is completely dry before wearing or storing.
If you’re frequently wearing your leather, re-apply with one extra coat every 2 – 3 weeks. Regularly re-applying will help resist the effects of water, dirt and oil based stains.
Enriched with natural waxes and lanolin, this conditioner is neutral for all colours and suitable for most smooth leathers. However, you don’t want to be using it on any suede, nubuck, metallic, pearlised, embossed, vegetable tanned or patent leathers.
A leather conditioner only really needs to be used if your leather is looking a little tarnished from regular wear. It’s a great fix if you notice your leather boots or jacket are looking dull, dry, or have a few scuffs and scratches.
- Brush off any dirt and ensure your leather is clean and dry.
- Test a small patch of conditioner in a discreet area.
- Apply a 5-cent sized amount of conditioner to a soft cloth, and rub gently into the leather.
Tip: Always use the conditioner sparingly and add more if you need further coverage.
- Allow to dry, then use a dry cloth to buff off any excess.
- Once the leather conditioner has dried, apply one coat of the Water & Stain Protector.
Leather is meant to organically soften and wear a little, so condition only for the occasional nourishment and to assist in waterproofing.
Our Leather Care products are available in selected stores.